The equipment items and the numerous options offer a wide range of possibilities for individualising the new SL - from sporty and dynamic to luxuriously elegant. Twelve paint colours including the two exclusive paints hyper blue metallic and MANUFAKTUR monza grey magno, three roof variants, numerous new wheel designs in sizes 19 to 21 inches and various exterior design packages make the choice a pleasure.
Mercedes-AMG is offering the new SL in twelve attractive paint finishes at its market launch. In addition to the non-metallic sun yellow, the range also includes the particularly exclusive MANUFAKTUR paint finishes. In addition, there are the metallic paint finishes high-tech silver, obsidian black, selenite grey, spectral blue and hyper blue, which is reserved exclusively for the SL. Another exclusive paint finish is MANUFAKTUR monza grey magno. The colour range is rounded off by MANUFAKTUR alpine grey non-metallic, MANUFAKTUR opalite white bright, MANUFAKTUR opalite white magno, MANUFAKTUR patagonia red metallic and MANUFAKTUR spectral blue magno. All paint colours can be combined with a black, red or grey fabric soft top.
The SL 55 4MATIC+ is fitted as standard with 19-inch AMG multi-spoke alloy wheels, optionally in silver or matt black, while the SL 63 4MATIC+ is fitted with 20-inch AMG 5-twin-spoke alloy wheels. The range of wheels comprises a total of nine different variants. These include two aerodynamically optimised 20-inch options in 5-twin-spoke or multi-spoke design. The range is rounded off with 21-inch AMG alloy wheels in a 10-spoke design and 21-inch AMG forged wheels in a 5-twin-spoke design, both in two colour variants.
Exterior design packages for an even more elegant or sporty look
Three exterior design packages are available for the new SL to further sharpen the look make it either more elegant or more dynamic.
- The AMG Exterior Chrome Package contains elegant high-gloss chrome accents on the front apron, the side sill trim and the rear.
- In the AMG Night Package, selected exterior elements are finished in high-gloss black, such as the front splitter, the side sill trims, the mirror caps and the trim element in the rear diffuser. Added to this are darkened tailpipe trims. Depending on the chosen paint finish, this results in striking contrasts or flowing transitions.
- The AMG Night Package II also includes further elements in high-gloss black, including radiator trim, typography and Mercedes star at the rear.
- With the AMG Exterior Carbon Package, lightweight components made of carbon fibre are reminiscent of the SL's motorsport history. The carbon parts include the front splitter, the exterior mirror housings and the diffuser at the rear. Added to this are tailpipe trims in high-gloss black.
AMG DYNAMIC PLUS Package for maximum driving pleasure
The AMG DYNAMIC PLUS Package is available as an option for the SL 55 4MATIC+ (included as standard in the SL 63 4MATIC+). It bundles numerous high-performance components - for maximum driving pleasure with impressive agility:
- Dynamic AMG engine mounts connect the engine more rigidly or more flexibly to the body, depending on the driving situation. In every driving situation, this results in the best possible balance between driving dynamics and comfort.
- The electronically controlled AMG limited-slip rear differential distributes the required power even more quickly and precisely between the wheels during dynamic cornering and rapid acceleration, thus guaranteeing maximum traction.
- The "RACE" driving mode delivers race track performance at the touch of a button with even more spontaneous engine response and a more direct accelerator pedal characteristic. Selectable as an additional driving mode via the AMG steering wheel buttons.
- The lowering by ten millimetres lowers the vehicle's centre of gravity and additionally stabilises the vehicle.
- The yellow-painted AMG brake callipers visually underline the increased driving dynamics potential.
Elegant ambience in the interior for relaxed and comfortable travel
In the interior of the new SL, high-quality materials and selected colour harmonies ensure a luxurious ambience with a high feel-good factor. Standard on the V8 models, nappa leather is available in black, sage grey/black, red pepper/black and sienna brown/black. The optionally available upholstery in MANUFAKTUR macchiato beige/titanium grey or in MANUFAKTUR truffle brown/black provides a particularly exclusive touch. The AMG Performance seats can also be upholstered in a combination of nappa leather and DINAMICA microfibre with yellow or red topstitching.
To match, the trim elements and centre console can be finished in aluminium or carbon as well as MANUFAKTUR chrome black in addition to the standard high-gloss black. The AMG Performance steering wheel with steering wheel heating as standard is available in nappa leather and nappa leather/DINAMICA microfibre.
Mercedes-AMG key with convenient KEYLESS-GO functions
Both model variants of the new SL feature KEYLESS-GO with flush-mounted door handles as standard. As soon as the electronic key is in the immediate vicinity of the vehicle (approximately one metre in radius), the vehicle electronics communicate with the key via antennas. If the code matches, the vehicle recognises its owner and unlocks. Another advantage is that the SL cannot be locked while the electronic key is in the vehicle. The vehicle can be locked either actively using the key or by pressing the button on the driver's or passenger door handle. The starting process is also conveniently carried out without an ignition key. The engine starts as soon as the start/stop button to the right of the steering wheel is pressed while the brake pedal is depressed.
The high comfort standards of the new Mercedes-AMG SL are underlined by standard equipment details such as the Wireless Charging System, i.e. a wireless charging option for compatible smartphones that comply with the so-called Qi standard. The corresponding surface for inductive charging sits in the stowage compartment in the centre console, and details of the charging process are displayed on the touchscreen.