Please wait a moment ...
Please wait a moment ...
OverviewAssistance systems: Support from all sidesEquipment: Individualisation made easyExterior and interior: The difference lies in the detailsFree new app makes it easier to charge electric cars: “App”solute charging convenienceMercedes connect me: In online contact with the carMercedes-Benz B 200 Natural Gas Drive: Eco-friendly and fit for the futureThe Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive: Electric driving without compromisesThe new Mercedes-Benz B-Class of 2014: alternative drive systems - A pioneer in terms of efficiency, tooUnder the microscope: "ENERGY SPACE" - Double floorUnder the microscope: production - Fully integratedUnder the microscope: the high-voltage system's safety concept - Comprehensive protective measures
Oct 20, 2014
"Mercedes connect me" connects the B-Class with the world around it. Basic Mercedes connect me services can be used with the standard communications module. Available services include, for example, Accident Recovery, Maintenance Management and Breakdown Management. Mercedes connect me services are even more extensive for the B-Class Electric Drive: for added convenience, connect.mercedes.me can be used remotely to determine the current state of charge of the lithium-ion battery or the vehicle's present range.
The Stuttgart-based premium automotive manufacturer is bundling its entire existing and future service portfolio under the umbrella brand "Mercedes me", making services easily accessible and available at all times on a digital internet platform. The line-up can be accessed via a personalised Mercedes ID on the website.
"Mercedes me" also includes new "Mercedes connect me" services. "Mercedes connect me" services can be used via a COM module integrated into the vehicle. The available services include accident recovery, maintenance management and breakdown management. Likewise, customers can connect to their vehicle from anywhere and at any time via "connect.mercedes.me" and, among other things, retrieve the fill level of the tank or start, stop or programme the auxiliary heating system.
In an accident, the Mercedes-Benz emergency call system automatically connects the occupants with the Mercedes-Benz Emergency Call Centre and sends the position and condition of the vehicle to the rescue operations centre. A rescue vehicle can then be dispatched immediately. The system works automatically, but can also be triggered manually.
"Mercedes connect me" basic services comprise:
- Accident Recovery – after the Mercedes-Benz emergency call the system connects to the Customer Assistance Centre so additional assistance can be requested where necessary to deal with the accident, e.g. a tow truck.
- Breakdown management – provides technical assistance in the event of a breakdown. To this end, the position and condition of the vehicle are transmitted to the Customer Assistance Centre, which informs Mercedes-Benz Service 24h. This allows the Mercedes-Benz Service 24h to provide fast and optimal help.
- Maintenance management – the vehicle detects and reports pending maintenance need and sends the necessary data to the service outlet as the basis for preparing a service quote.
- Telediagnostics – the vehicle detects the need for replacement of diagnostics-capable wear parts and reports this to the service outlet. The dealer contacts the customer to schedule a workshop appointment. The previously transmitted data enables the workshop to provide optimal assistance.
The "Live Traffic Information" service comprises:
- real-time traffic data from TomTom in conjunction with COMAND Online – three-year term, can be extended after the end of the term for a fee.
The optional Remote Online services (can also be used with a smartphone via ) comprise:
- Parked Vehicle Locator – allows the vehicle position to be determined, for example, if the vehicle was parked in an unfamiliar city. This makes convenient finding of the vehicle within a range of 1.5 kilometres possible, using a smartphone.
- Vehicle Tracker – enables the latest position of a moving vehicle to be pinpointed via GPS. The driver has a display in the vehicle and can deactivate the service at any time with a toll-free call to the Customer Assistance Centre.
- Geofencing – displays where the vehicle is in an area previously defined on the map and informs the customer if the car leaves or enters this area. As in the case of the Vehicle Tracker, the driver can deactivate the service at any time (due to become available mid-2015).
- Remote Door Locking and Unlocking – allows the vehicle doors to be locked or unlocked remotely, for example, if the driver forgot to lock the vehicle (due to become available mid-2015).
- Remote Retrieval of Vehicle Status – vehicle data such as fuel gauge, state of charge, range and more can be accessed from home or while on the road.
- Programming of Auxiliary Heating – if the vehicle is equipped with auxiliary heating, all functions such as starting, switching off or programming of the timer can be controlled online via a smartphone.
The B-Class Electric Drive includes the Remote Online Services as standard and, in addition, the functions "Programming of charging settings and Pre-Entry Climate Control" and "Route Planning"